Monday, January 09, 2006

Blocked Arteries

On the way to work this morning, a 37 mile journey - driveway to garage, there was one accident identified. Fortunately, it was 1 mile PAST the final exit I would be taking. Unfortunately, it resulted in blocking three lanes of traffic in a five lane area of the Interstate. What normally takes around 40 minutes with a stop at Dunkin’ Donuts for coffee and a muffin at the drive thru actually took 1 hour and 30 minutes! For two reasons I was thankful. School was still out for the holidays and Dunkin' Donuts was still open. Otherwise who knew how long it would have taken.



Before leaving work for home I typically view the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles Navigator site to check the status of traffic throughout the metroplex but especially those roads I take home. A great site by the way and one you can visit while in the area. You can find it at:
http://www.georgia-navigator.com/maps/atlanta
Voila! An accident at the intersection of I-285 and I-75 that is blocking 3 lanes of traffic right at the exit ramp form I-285 to I-75 N. Wonderful! Yet another blocked artery. That’s when it hit me.

I gotta get on the treadmill. If one accident can set me back on the road, what have the years of less than optimal exercise set back my health and the cardiovascular system that looks much like an Interstate and local road network! I gotta get on the treadmill!

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger Pete Bauer said...

Traffic is the reason I will never live near Atlanta by choice.

 
At 1/31/2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know about the traffic in Atlanta.... You should try the drive to Stone Mountain durring rush hour..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home