Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Spring!

Here I sit on the lower back porch just outside my basement door. It's a beautiful Spring morning in the mid 50's as I sip my firt cup of coffee. Freshly ground Dunkin Donut beans flavored with a touch of haselnut and sprinkle of cinamon. It feels warm in my hand and teases my sinuses in this brisk morning air.

It's a joy to be here in the morning instead of in traffic along I-75, just north of Atlanta. I am blessed with a job that allows me to be able to spend most days at home. Oh, I do a lot of phone calls, attending conferences on the latest issues on the projects we are working on. But to sit here and listen to the morning sounds of the wide variety of birds is just awesome. Woodpeckers hack away at the tree bark hoping to unearth an ant or two. Blue jays, Cardinals, and Robins huslte about looking for the first worms of the day. Some pick twigs to begin their nesting. Each has a unique sound, some brief and sharp while others are melodious. Funny how when you are busy with your day you tend to not hear these simple wonderful sounds.

But here I sit savoring the last few sips of my coffee. Ah yes, time to get to work. People to see, things to do, places to go! As I moan and groan while lifting myself off my favorite Adarondak chair I can only think about taking a beak at mid day and returning to this very spot, wife in tow to discuss the morning and upcoming family events....

1 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Pete Bauer said...

Rub it in, Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home